Books & Music
Food & Wine
Health & Fitness
Hobbies & Crafts
Home & Garden
News & Politics
Religion & Spirituality
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Bucket List For Daughters
We want to give our daughter the world. Yet those wonder years only last so long – and can only contain so much. Everyone makes a bucket list except back in our day we called it a to-do list for when we got older. This list is a list of things that she should do before she turns 18. Why 18? Because those very things are the things that will help set her path in life. See if you can recognize any of these things. Later in the article see tips for a bucket list of things that everyone should experience.
What should your daughter experience or learn before she get’s 18?
1. Have a no-reason, not-because-they’re-sick, Ferris Bueler’s day off from school.
2. Get dirty! Splashing in puddles, making mud pies and rolling around in the grass gives kids a fun carefree feeling
3. Break a bone
4. Make a video
5. Explore a cave
6. Shake hands with their favorite celebrity
7. Have a real scavenger hunt
8. Go camping with all the trimmings
9. Learn to swim
10. Experience love
12. Fly on a airplane
13. Get a tattoo (not)
14. Create and cook something by yourself (my kids do once a month)
15. Play laser tag
16. Go to a concert
17. Do a family tree and trace it back to someone famous
18. Plan out a family road trip
19. Stay up as late as I want
20. Write a letter to someone famous and they respond
21. Write something and get it published
For the daughters that are special with challenges – be the best you. All achievements are great because you started them. I urge you to continue – anything is possible if you just believe.
1. Enjoy going to an amusement park without minding loud noises
2. Participate in Special Olympics
3. Camping and sleeping under the stars
4. To hold a conversation about something that interests them
5. To have others see the world as I do and like it
6. To not be judged
7. To not be stared at
8. To participate without the assistance of a wheel chair or braces
9. To think unassisted
10. For me to challenge and not for my challenges - to challenge me
A bucket list is what you make it, to be enjoyed by all. Everyone should have the ability to experience a little bit of something. Now for those of you who need something to do but not sure what, check this list out.
1. Climb a mountain
2. Take a day and do absolutely nothing
3. Make up a dish
4. Take a chance
5. Break a Guinness
6. Allow yourself to make mistakes
7. Figure out your priorities
8. Kick negative habits
9. Have a happiness project
10. Discover your life’s purpose
11. Own a beach house
Creating a bucket list is one of the best ways to ensure you use your time and resources to accomplish and experience what you really want out of life. For others it’s a way to reach for something and accomplishes the world instead. Do you have something to add to the list that maybe you might want to accomplish one day or experience?
Live, Laugh and Love
“Making a difference in the world one person at a time”
| Related Articles | Editor's Picks Articles | Top Ten Articles | Previous Features | Site Map
Content copyright © 2015 by Tuculia Washington. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Tuculia Washington. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Tuculia Washington for details.
Website copyright © 2016 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.