Books & Music
Food & Wine
Health & Fitness
Hobbies & Crafts
Home & Garden
News & Politics
Religion & Spirituality
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
1978 - Superman
With the destruction of planet Krypton imminent, Jor-El saves his son, Kal-El, by sending the young infant to Earth. The young boy is found and taken in by an older couple who raise him as their own son, Clark Kent. Once he learns of his true heritage and destiny, Clark travels to Metropolis where he works at the Daily Planet under his alias but uses his super powers for good by fighting crime as the hero, Superman. Here are a few movie mistakes to look for while watching 1978’s “Superman”!
· At the very beginning of the movie, while Jor-El is talking during the trial, the far view shows Ursa on the left and Zod is on the right. But when Jor-El is charging them a few moments later, Zod is on the left and Ursa is now on the right.
· When Jor-El is telling the council about the fate of Krypton, one of the members tells Jor-El to be reasonable. Jor-El walks over to him and the front view shows Jor-El pat the councilman with his right hand. It cuts to a rear view of Jor-El and his hands are on the councilman’s shoulders. It cuts back to the front view and Jor-El’s hands are down again. It shows the rear view again and Jor-El’s hands are on the shoulders just as he slides them off.
· Clark is a high school teenager, helping to clean up after football practice. When everyone leaves, there are two megaphones on the bench and Clark knocks one of them off. When he looks back at the car leaving, both megaphones are on the bench again. It cuts back to the view of the equipment on the ground with Clark in the background and there is only the one megaphone on the bench.
· Clark catches the bullet when the mugger fires the gun at him and Lois in the alleyway. Clark hits the wall and starts to slide down which makes his hat come off. But in the left side view of Lois against the wall, as the mugger starts to run away, Clark’s arm can be seen taking the hat down again!
· CAUTION: May Contain Spoilers! Superman pulls Lois out of the sunken car and puts her on the ground with her arms straight by her side. But when he cries out in anger and flies away, her right arm is bent and up past her shoulder.
“Superman” (1978) stars Christopher Reeve, Margot Kidder, Gene Hackman, Marlon Brando, Ned Beatty, Jackie Cooper and Glenn Ford. It runs 143 minutes and is rated PG for peril, some mild sensuality and language.
Get your copy of "Superman" here!
Content copyright © 2014 by Isla Grey. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Isla Grey. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Isla Grey for details.
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.