Books & Music
Food & Wine
Health & Fitness
Hobbies & Crafts
Home & Garden
News & Politics
Religion & Spirituality
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
How To Have A Vacation On A Budget
It’s here, it’s finally here. Time to entertain, indulge and have some fun summer is finally here. It’s that time of year when you look for things to do for the summer – check out tips that can help. These are things to do with or without a budget. It’s your world so why not get the most out of it- on your terms!
Budget Vacation Tips
• Vacation in your state – get to know all there is to know about your state, the money you would use on vacation use in your state instead for (parks, museums, inns, fairs, historic sites, places to eat, things to buy, etc…)
• Get bodied – not just for the summer but for the rest of your life(eat healthier, move around daily, set up a daily program, walk, run or ride the bike around the neighborhood)
• Create a vacation at home (set up a hammock in the backyard surrounded by house plants, set up a beach umbrella with inviting towel and chair for comfort. Set candles on the patio or porch and light them for an evening of relaxation. Set up a tent for camping equipped with repellent, lanterns and plenty of stories. Buy you a thick terry robe and take a long hot shower or tub bath. Turn off emails and phone calls for a couple of days and just enjoy your time off. Buy something new for you to enjoy in the house while you are vacationing at home).
• If you book a vacation trip at the last minute you can sometimes get better deals. If you book flights for odd travel days you will get a cheaper rate. Travel light and avoid extra fees for luggage on airlines. Stay at a vacation home instead of a hotel. Consider driving or taking the bus instead of flying.
• Spend money in places you’ve never been in your own state. Visit restaurants and stores out of your area. Look up attractions in your state and visit them. Take a long trip in your state but at the opposite end of the state.
Summer is the season for vacations. A tight budget should not prevent you from enjoying your time off. Instead of staying home, explore cheaper alternatives that can provide you with equally good times for substantially lower costs. Enjoy your vacation and don’t forget to take pictures!
Live, Laugh and Love
“Making a difference in the world one person at a time”
| Related Articles | Editor's Picks Articles | Top Ten Articles | Previous Features | Site Map
Content copyright © 2013 by Tuculia Washington. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Tuculia Washington. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Tuculia Washington for details.
Website copyright © 2013 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.