Minted Berry Blitz Sherbet Recipe
About 8 1/2-cup Servings
1 3/4 cups skim milk, divided (for richer, but more fattening, sherbet substitute whole milk)
2/3 cup sugar
2 cups fresh berries, washed, and hulled if necessary
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 to 3 tablespoons fresh mint leaves
- Measure 1 cup of the milk into a microwave-safe container; microwave 1 minute or until it is just lukewarm.
- Stir in the sugar and let sit until it is thoroughly dissolved.
- Meanwhile, place the fresh berries in a blender along with the remaining 3/4 cup of the milk, lemon juice, salt, and mint leaves.
- Blend until smooth, scraping down the sides once or twice.
- Place a fine strainer over a large bowl, pour the berry mixture into the strainer, and press the mixture through, being careful to avoid pushing any seeds through.
- Mix the sieved berry mixture with the milk/sugar mixture; cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until thoroughly chilled. (You can speed this up by chilling it in the freezer, but make sure you don't leave it too long; it should still be liquid.)
- Pour the mixture into the frozen bowl of an automatic ice cream machine and freeze according to manufacturer's instructions. It should take about 20-25 minutes in the machine; transfer to a covered container and store in the freezer.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 98 Calories from Fat 2
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 2% Protein 8% Carb. 89%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 0 g
Saturated Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1 mg
Sodium 101 mg
Total Carbohydrate 22 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 17 g
Protein 2 g
Vitamin A 3% Vitamin C 40% Calcium 0% Iron 1%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2018 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.