Pistachio Chocolate Chunk Cookie Recipe
My version of these cookies, Almost Pistacia Vera’s Pistachio Chocolate Chunk Cookies, is very close to those sold in the bakery. They are chewy drop cookies full of toasted pistachio nuts and dark chocolate – Yum! My version is simple to make, so even the most inexperienced cooks will have no trouble making them. Everyone, however, will have plenty of trouble staying away from them once they are baked. I recommend finding a good hiding place.
5 dozen cookies
1/2 cup shortening
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup granulated sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 cups salted pistachio nuts, toasted in a 350° oven 8-10 minutes, coarsely chopped
2 4-ounce dark semi-sweet or bittersweet chocolate bars (at least 60% cacao), broken or cut into small chunks
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Cream the shortening, butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar until light and fluffy
- Beat in the eggs and vanilla.
- Measure the flour, salt, and baking soda into a fine strainer over the butter mixture; shake the mixture through.
- Mix well and stir in the pistachio nuts and chocolate chunks.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto parchment-lined or greased baking sheets.
- Bake 7-9 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Transfer to cooling racks to cool thoroughly and store in an airtight container.
Amount Per Cookie
Calories 113 Calories from Fat 62
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 55% Protein 6% Carb. 39%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 7 g
Saturated Fat 2 g
Cholesterol 11 mg
Sodium 72 mg
Total Carbohydrate 11 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 2 g
Protein 2 g
Vitamin A 2% Vitamin C 1% Calcium 0% Iron 4%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2018 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.