Almost every family has a recipe for those rich, sugary, chocolaty no-bake oatmeal cookies that are boiled and dropped into mounds onto baking sheets. No-Bake Rocky Road Squares are made in a similar way, but they are pressed into a 9 x 13” baking dish, eliminating the need to drop them into mounds, saving hands-on time. The nuts, chocolate pieces, and marshmallows add texture and flavor.
If you’re in a big hurry, but want a yummy treat, No Bake Rocky Road Squares are just the thing. No need to heat up the kitchen - the oven is not needed, and these squares are just perfect for satisfying the cravings of even the most passionate chocoholic or sweet tooth.
3 cups sugar
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
1 cup milk
3/4 cup butter
1 pinch salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup salted peanuts, coarsely chopped
3 cups miniature marshmallows
2 Hershey's milk chocolate bars, coarsely broken (1.55 ounce each)
3 cups oats
- Line a 9” x 13" pan with parchment, or spray liberally with non-stick spray.
- Measure the sugar and cocoa into a medium saucepan; mix well and add stir in the milk, butter, and salt.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally, and scraping the sides.
- Once the mixture is boiling, turn to a simmer and let simmer 3 minutes; stir in the vanilla.
- Meanwhile, mix the peanuts, marshmallows, chocolate pieces, and oats in a large bowl.
- Pour the chocolate mixture over and mix well.
- Spread evenly in the prepared pan and press down.
- Let sit until cool and the chocolate is set.
- Cut into 48 squares and store in an airtight container.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 180 Calories from Fat 50
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 28% Protein 5% Carb. 67%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 6 g
Saturated Fat 2 g
Cholesterol 9 mg
Sodium 113 mg
Total Carbohydrate 30 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 13 g
Protein 2 g
Vitamin A 2% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 0% Iron 2%