Ultimate Picnic Squares Recipe
The Official Hancock Tasters as well as a few friends devoured these so fast that they had to be made again to test whether they kept well or not. If you can hide them, they do keep well as long as they are kept tightly covered at room temperature. Ultimate Picnic Squares aren’t just for summer picnics; you’ll want to serve them year-round and even include them on cookie trays all through the holidays.
1 cup sliced almonds
1 cup chopped dates
3/4 cup raisins
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 1/2 cups coconut
1 12 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
18 1/4 ounces devil's food cake mix
1/2 cup butter
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spray a 9 x 13" shallow glass baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Stir together the topping ingredients and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix the cake mix, butter, and egg until crumbly; press into the prepared baking dish.
- Spread the topping evenly over the top.
- Bake 35-40 minutes or until the topping is golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let cool before cutting into 48 bars.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 117 Calories from Fat 57
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 48% Protein 5% Carb. 46%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 6 g
Saturated Fat 3 g
Cholesterol 12 mg
Sodium 37 mg
Total Carbohydrate 14 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 0 g
Protein 2 g
Vitamin A 2% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 0% Iron 2%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2019 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.