Planning on using the grill tonight? Not only can you grill dinner, but you can also grill a scrumptious dessert. Foil-Wrapped Grilled Peach Cobbler cooks on the grill while everyone is eating dinner. It uses canned refrigerator biscuits as the topping so there’s really no mixing involved. Fresh local peaches are usually available near the end of summer, and even though peaches are available year-round, the local ones seem to be sweeter and more flavorful – definitely special.
Nectarines or other seasonal fruit can be substituted for the peaches with luscious results. If using apples, microwave the slices for 5 minutes prior to putting them in the foil, so that they cook through.
16 12” x 10 3/4” foil sheets
8 fresh peaches, peeled and sliced
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons butter
1 16 oz. can jumbo refrigerator biscuits (such as Grands)
- Preheat gas grill to high.
- Spray 8 of the foil sheets with non-stick spray.
- Place a sliced peach in the center of each one.
- Mix the sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg; sprinkle each peach with 2 tablespoons of the mixture.
- Drizzle a scant teaspoon of the lemon juice over each, and top with a scant teaspoon of butter.
- Cut each of the biscuits into quarters and set four quarters over each peach.
- Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of the cinnamon sugar mixture over the biscuit quarters in each packet.
- Seal each packet by bringing corners together and folding down.
- Place each sealed packet, seam side up, on another foil sheet and bring the sides over, folding to seal.
- Turn the grill down to the lowest setting; place the packets on the grill, shut the lid, and let cook 30 minutes.
- Remove from the grill and serve hot with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 382 Calories from Fat 119
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 31% Protein 4% Carb. 65%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 13 g
Saturated Fat 9 g
Cholesterol 12 mg
Sodium 478 mg
Total Carbohydrate 62 g
Dietary Fiber 1 g
Sugars 25 g
Protein 4 g
Vitamin A 13% Vitamin C 13% Calcium 0% Iron 9%