Rhubarb comes out at different time of the year in different climates, and it can be roasted and frozen for use whenever the craving arises. This simple Rhubarb Blueberry Country Tart uses rhubarb to advantage, and when mixed with blueberries, it is fabulous. Frozen puff pastry forms the crust, so it’s quick and easy to assemble.
Rhubarb Blueberry Country Tart can be made early in the day and served at room temperature. It’s best with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, but it’s also good with real sweetened whipped cream.
1 puff pastry sheet, (1/2 of a 17.25 ounce package), thawed
2 cups Roasted Rhubarb
1 cup fresh blueberries
1/2 cup sugar
2 tablespoons flour
2 tablespoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment.
- Roll the puff pastry to a rectangle approximately 12" x 12”; place in the center of the prepared baking sheet.
- Mix the rhubarb and blueberries in a bowl.
- Stir together the sugar and flour and mix with the fruit.
- Spoon the fruit into the middle of the puff pastry.
- Fold the pastry over the filling (it should cover 1-1 1/2 inches all around with the filling exposed in the center); brush with cold water and pinch the pastry so is tight around the filling.
- Mix the topping ingredients and sprinkle over the crust.
- Bake 30-40 minutes or until puffed and brown.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 256 Calories from Fat 79
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 31% Protein 4% Carb. 66%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 9 g
Saturated Fat 3 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 152 mg
Total Carbohydrate 42 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 16 g
Protein 2 g
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 4% Calcium 0% Iron 3%