Looking for a recipe for a quick treat that everyone will like? These No-Bake Peanut Butter Krunchies will fill the order perfectly. A mixture of three ingredients is mixed and microwaved, then poured over cornflakes and dropped into mounds onto a baking sheet. A little melted chocolate is drizzled over all. These are so easy, even older kids can make them (adult supervision is a must, however, while the microwave is being used), and they include minimal ingredients that are probably on the pantry shelves at any given time.
These can be stored for weeks in an airtight container and are not only great for summer since they dont heat up the kitchen, but also through the year as quick-to-make treats or an addition to holiday cookie trays.
Makes about 6 dozen 1 cookies
1 cup corn syrup
1 cup sugar
2 cups peanut butter, (smooth or crunchy - your choice)
6 cups cornflakes
3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Line two baking sheets with parchment or waxed paper.
- Mix the corn syrup, sugar, and peanut butter in a microwaveable container.
- Microwave 2 minutes; stir until smooth.
- Microwave an additional 2 minutes and stir well.
- Meanwhile measure the cornflakes into a large bowl; pour the hot peanut butter mixture over and stir until all the cornflakes are coated.
- Scoop tablespoon sized mounds onto the prepared baking sheets.
- Place the chocolate chips and vegetable oil in a microwaveable container; microwave 1 minute.
- Stir until melted; drizzle over the peanut butter mounds.
- Let sit at room temperature until the chocolate is set.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 95 Calories from Fat 40
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 42% Protein 8% Carb. 50%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 4 g
Saturated Fat 1 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 34 mg
Total Carbohydrate 12 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 3 g
Protein 2 g
Vitamin A 3% Vitamin C 3% Calcium 0% Iron 3%