No-Bake Peanut Butter Krunchies Recipe
These can be stored for weeks in an airtight container and are not only great for summer since they don’t heat up the kitchen, but also through the year as quick-to-make treats or an addition to holiday cookie trays.
Makes about 6 dozen 1” cookies
1 cup corn syrup
1 cup sugar
2 cups peanut butter, (smooth or crunchy - your choice)
6 cups cornflakes
3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Line two baking sheets with parchment or waxed paper.
- Mix the corn syrup, sugar, and peanut butter in a microwaveable container.
- Microwave 2 minutes; stir until smooth.
- Microwave an additional 2 minutes and stir well.
- Meanwhile measure the cornflakes into a large bowl; pour the hot peanut butter mixture over and stir until all the cornflakes are coated.
- Scoop tablespoon sized mounds onto the prepared baking sheets.
- Place the chocolate chips and vegetable oil in a microwaveable container; microwave 1 minute.
- Stir until melted; drizzle over the peanut butter mounds.
- Let sit at room temperature until the chocolate is set.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 95 Calories from Fat 40
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 42% Protein 8% Carb. 50%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 4 g
Saturated Fat 1 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 34 mg
Total Carbohydrate 12 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 3 g
Protein 2 g
Vitamin A 3% Vitamin C 3% Calcium 0% Iron 3%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2019 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.