Self-Frosting Banana Cake Recipe
The covered cake stays moist and keeps up to a week at room temperature, or leftovers can be frozen for a couple of months. Serve the cake with a scoop of ice cream if you wish, however, it’s moist enough to be eaten on its own.
1 cup butter, softened
2 cups sugar
2 cups mashed ripe bananas
2 teaspoons vanilla
3 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons salt
1 cup sour cream
2 cups chopped walnuts
2 cups shredded coconut
12 ounces white chocolate chips
1 12 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spray a 9 x 13" pan with non-stick spray.
- Cake: Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, beating well.
- With the mixer running, add the bananas, one at a time along with the vanilla.
- Place the flour, baking soda, and salt in a fine strainer and shake it over the creamed mixture.
- Mix well and stir in the sour cream.
- Topping: Stir together the nuts, coconut, white chocolate chips, and sweetened condensed milk; spread evenly over the cake batter.
- Bake 45-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 481 Calories from Fat 235
Percent Total Calories From:
Fat 49% Protein 5% Carb. 46%
Nutrient Amount per % Daily
Total Fat 26 g
Saturated Fat 12 g
Cholesterol 65 mg
Sodium 395 mg
Total Carbohydrate 55 g
Dietary Fiber 1 g
Sugars 17 g
Protein 7 g
Vitamin A 9% Vitamin C 4% Calcium 0% Iron 7%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2023 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.