Got Brown Bananas? It seems that no matter how many bananas we eat, there are always some left that get too ripe to eat. Thatís why this moist, easy pudding cake is great. Not only is it made in the slow cooker, but itís delicious. Actually, Slow Cooker Banana Pecan Pudding Cake is a cross between a cake and a pudding; itís softer and moister than a regular cake, but firm enough to be spooned into serving bowls. Itís also rich and delicious.
Make this luscious cake on a busy day when you donít have time to spend in the kitchen. Since itís made in the slow cooker, thereís no need to monitor the cooking, and no need to heat the oven. Serve it with a little whipped cream or ice cream.
2 cups brown sugar
1/2 cup melted butter
2 cups chopped pecans
1 18.25 ounce package Butter Pecan Cake Mix
1/4 cup flour
1 3 oz. package instant vanilla pudding
3 medium overripe bananas
2 cups sour cream
1 cup orange juice
3/4 cup vegetable oil
Whipped cream, or ice cream
- Spray a 4-6 quart slow cooker with non-stick spray.
- Glaze: Mix the brown sugar, melted butter, and chopped pecans and spread onto the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Pudding: Mix the cake mix, flour, and pudding mix; beat in the bananas, sour cream, eggs, orange juice, and vegetable oil.
- Pour the batter over the glaze.
- Cover and cook on low 3-4 hours or until center is just set; a toothpick inserted in the center will come out with moist crumbs when done.
- To serve: spoon into bowls, with the glaze from the bottom on top, while still hot and top with whipped cream or ice cream.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 553 Calories from Fat 324
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 59% Protein 4% Carb. 38%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 36 g
Saturated Fat 9 g
Cholesterol 83 mg
Sodium 297 mg
Total Carbohydrate 52 g
Dietary Fiber 1 g
Sugars 13 g
Protein 5 g
Vitamin A 10% Vitamin C 13% Calcium 0% Iron 6%