No-Bake Caramel Truffle Squares Recipe
Although any store-bought shortbread cookies can be used, the best are the ones made with real butter. And it’s a given that the few cents of extra cost by using real butter in both the crust and the caramel will pay off in raves. The caramel, made with sweetened condensed milk, requires no candy thermometer and is quick and easy; it’s a no-brainer and is luscious.
48 rich squares
12 ounces shortbread cookies, (preferably all-butter)
1/4 cup melted butter
3/4 cup butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 12 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/4 cup heavy cream
- Place the cookies in the food processor and process to crumbs.
- Add the 3 tablespoons butter; pulse the processor 3 or 4 times.
- Press the mixture into a 9 x 13" glass baking dish; refrigerate while preparing the caramel.
- Caramel:Melt the 3/4 cup butter in a heavy saucepan; stir in the brown sugar and sweetened condensed milk.
- Stir constantly over medium heat until boiling.
- When the mixture boils, stir until the sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from the heat; let sit 10 minutes.
- Pour the caramel evenly over the shortbread crumb mixture; cover and let cool.
- Place the chocolate chips and heavy cream in a microwaveable container.
- Microwave 1 1/2 - 2 minutes or until the cream is warm.
- Let sit 3 minutes; whisk until smooth and thick.
- Spread over the caramel.
- Cover and chill until the chocolate topping is set.
- Cut into 48 squares.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 121 Calories from Fat 64
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 53% Protein 3% Carb. 45%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 7 g
Saturated Fat 4 g
Cholesterol 16 mg
Sodium 68 mg
Total Carbohydrate 13 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 0 g
Protein 1 g
Vitamin A 4% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 0% Iron 0%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2022 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.