Elegant Brandied Fruit Compote Recipe
Elegant Brandied Fruit Compote is made in the slow cooker, eliminating the need to spend time stirring a pot on the stove. If time is short, this fruit compote can be made ahead and reheated. It’s especially good served warm over a scoop of ice cream.
4 cups fresh cranberries
2 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, and cut into chunks
2 Gala apples, or other cooking apples, peeled, cored, and cut into chunks
2 pears, peeled, cored, and cut into chunks
1/2 cup dried cherries
1/2 cup golden raisins
1/2 cup dried pineapples, or a mixture of pineapple, papaya, and mango
1/4 cup candied ginger, chopped
1 medium orange
1/2 cup Grand Marnier
3 tablespoons cornstarch
- Measure the cranberries, apple and pear chunks, dried cherries, golden raisins, pineapple, and ginger into the crock of a 3-4 quart slow cooker; stir.
- Zest the peel from the orange and sprinkle it over the mixture.
- Squeeze the juice from the orange into a measuring cup with the Grand Marnier; stir in the cornstarch until smooth.
- Stir the mixture into the fruit.
- Cover the slow cooker, set to low, and let cook 4-6 hours or until the fruit is soft and the mixture is thick.
- Serve warm.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 186 Calories from Fat 5
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 3% Protein 2% Carb. 95%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 1 g
Saturated Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 5 mg
Total Carbohydrate 44 g
Dietary Fiber 3 g
Sugars 0 g
Protein 1 g
Vitamin A 2% Vitamin C 42% Calcium 0% Iron 9%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2018 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.