Apple Impromptu Recipe
Even after 50+ years, this recipe is still simple and delicious – no unhealthy convenience foods added; it’s an easy dessert that can bake while the family is eating dinner. It’s quick to put together and contains straightforward ingredients that are probably already on the pantry shelf. Apple Impromptu is best served warm with a scoop of premium vanilla ice cream.
4 cups apples, pared, cored, and sliced
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg (this wasn’t in the original recipe, but it really makes it taste good)
1 tablespoon butter
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 400°.
- Spray a deep 9" pie dish with non-stick spray.
- Place the apples in the prepared pie dish.
- Sprinkle the sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg over the apples.
- Cover tightly with plastic wrap and microwave 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cream the butter and sugar; beat in the vanilla and egg until light and fluffy.
- Stir in the flour, baking powder, and salt; spread the mixture over the apples.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with scoops of premium vanilla ice cream or real sweetened whipped cream (no frozen topping, please).
Amount Per Serving
Calories 217 Calories from Fat 29
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 13% Protein 4% Carb. 82%
Nutrient Amount per
Total Fat 3 g
Saturated Fat 2 g
Cholesterol 41 mg
Sodium 157 mg
Total Carbohydrate 45 g
Dietary Fiber 2 g
Sugars 25 g
Protein 2 g
Vitamin A 3% Vitamin C 7% Calcium 0% Iron 3%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2018 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.