Raspberry Almond Clafouti Recipe
The texture of this clafouti is a cross between a custard and a very thick crepe; it is soft and fruity. Generally clafoutis are served warm, so it’s important to have yours baking while guests or family are eating the main meal. This clafouti is ideal for Valentine’s Day, as it is quite romantic-looking especially when baked in a heart-shaped dish.
12 ounces fresh raspberries
2/3 cup Greek-style yogurt
1/3 cup milk
1/2 cup melted butter, divided
1 teaspoon almond extract
3/4 cup cake flour
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup sliced almonds
1 tablespoon sugar
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Spray a 9" deep-dish pie plate with non-stick spray.
- Place the raspberries in the dish, saving a few for garnish.
- Measure the yogurt, milk, 6 tablespoons of the melted butter, eggs, and almond extract into the blender or food processor; blend until smooth, scraping once or twice.
- Measure the cake flour, sugar, and salt into a fine strainer set over a large bowl; shake the mixture through and whisk in the yogurt mixture.
- Pour over the raspberries.
- Sprinkle the almonds evenly over and drizzle the remaining two tablespoons butter over the almonds; sprinkle with the 1 tablespoon sugar.
- Bake 35-40 minutes or until golden brown.
- Sprinkle with a little powdered sugar and garnish with a few fresh raspberries.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 294 Calories from Fat 153
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 52% Protein 8% Carb. 40%
Nutrient Amount per
Total Fat 17 g
Saturated Fat 9 g
Cholesterol 115 mg
Sodium 302 mg
Total Carbohydrate 30 g
Dietary Fiber 1 g
Sugars 14 g
Protein 6 g
Vitamin A 13% Vitamin C 18% Calcium 0% Iron 8%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2022 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.