Slow Cooker Banana Gooey Cake Recipe
If you have a large rectangular slow cooker, it is the best for this cake, however, a large oval one works well, too. Two smaller round slow cookers make two small cakes, and are ideal for a small family; one can be wrapped and frozen.
18 1/4 ounces spice cake mix, or yellow or white cake mix
3 to 4 ripe bananas
1/2 cup sour cream
6 tablespoons butter
2/3 cup sugar
2/3 cup whipping cream
1 1/2 cups coconut
1 1/2 cups chopped pecans
- Spray a 6-8 quart rectangular or oval slow cooker with non-stick spray (or 2 round slow cookers); press a piece of foil onto the bottom and up the sides 2 or 3 inches.
- Cake: Mix the cake mix, eggs, bananas, and sour cream until smooth.
- Pour into the prepared slow cooker.
- Make the filling; spread it evenly over the top of the cake (it will sink in as it should, but don't stir).
- Cover, set the slow cooker to low, and let cook 2-3 hours or until the cake is set in the center. Invert onto a serving platter, remove the foil, and serve warm or cold with whipped cream.
- Filling: Melt the butter in a saucepan. Add the sugar and whipping cream and slowly bring to a simmer.
- Stir until the sugar is dissolved; add the vanilla.
- Remove from the heat and add the coconut and nuts and stir.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 398 Calories from Fat 203
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 51% Protein 4% Carb. 45%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 23 g
Saturated Fat 9 g
Cholesterol 55 mg
Sodium 303 mg
Total Carbohydrate 45 g
Dietary Fiber 1 g
Sugars 23 g
Protein 4 g
Vitamin A 8% Vitamin C 4% Calcium 0% Iron 3%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2021 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.