Got Rhubarb? Slow Cooker Rhubarb Cheesecake Crumble is the perfect way to showcase it. The tart rhubarb combined with a creamy cheesecake mixture and topped with a crunchy topping is divine. Believe it or not, this incredible dessert is made in the slow cooker and is very easy to make. Although it’s great warm, right out of the slow cooker, it’s also delicious served at room temperature or even cold. Since there is no last minute prep, this is a perfect dessert to make for company; family members, however, are actually more important than company, and this dessert will make them very happy.
Very little hands-on time is needed to make this dish; the slow cooker does most of the work, and no monitoring is necessary. Assembly is fast, since the only chopping is cutting rhubarb into chunks – that takes about 2 minutes. Although a food processor makes quick work of the filling, it isn’t absolutely necessary; a mixer can be used with identical results. The topping can be mixed with a pastry blender, or just with your fingers; if a food processor is available, the mixture can be quickly pulsed. No matter how you prepare it, any time spent will be worth it; this will become a definite favorite.
1 1/4 pounds rhubarb, cut into 1" pieces
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 8 oz. package softened cream cheese
1/2 cup cottage cheese
1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 tablespoons flour
cup butter, cut into pieces
1/2 cup flour
6 tablespoons brown sugar
1/4 cup oats
1/4 teaspoon salt
- Place the rhubarb and brown sugar in the crock of a round or oval 3-4 quart slow cooker.
- Cover, set the slow cooker to high, and let cook 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, place the cream cheese, cottage cheese, sugar, egg, and flour in the food processor and process until smooth (alternately, mix or whisk until smooth); when the rhubarb has cooked an hour, pour over the rhubarb.
- Mix the topping ingredients until crumbly; sprinkle over the cream cheese mixture.
- Cover, set the slow cooker, to low, and let cook 2-3 hours or until the center of the cheesecake layer is set.
- Turn the slow cooker off, tilt the lid slightly to evaporate any moisture, and let sit 15-30 minutes before serving.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 328 Calories from Fat 207
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 63% Protein 5% Carb. 31%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 23 g
Saturated Fat 14 g
Cholesterol 81 mg
Sodium 305 mg
Total Carbohydrate 26 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 8 g
Protein 4 g
Vitamin A 19% Vitamin C 4% Calcium 0% Iron 5%