Classic Panna Cotta with Fresh Berries Recipe
This yummy dessert is quick and easy to put together; it showcases the beautiful berries that are available, and is rich enough that a small serving satisfies. Although delicious anytime, the fact that this dish is red, white, and blue, makes it ideal for the 4th of July or any patriotic holiday. Any berries or seasonal fresh fruit can be used.
2 cups heavy cream
1 cup milk
3/4 cup powdered sugar
1 dash salt
1 tablespoon unflavored gelatin, (1 1/2 envelopes)
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup blueberries
1 cup raspberries
3 tablespoons sugar
Mint sprigs, for garnish
- Spray 6 1/2-cup ramekins with non-stick spray; set aside.
- Whisk together the heavy cream, milk, powdered sugar and salt in a large microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave 3-4 minutes or until the mixture is hot, but not boiling.
- Sprinkle the gelatin over, and whisk for several minutes until it is dissolved; stir in the vanilla.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared ramekins.
- Refrigerate 2-4 hours (or up to a couple of days) until the mixture is set.
- Meanwhile, mix the blueberries, raspberries, and sugar in a bowl and let them macerate for 30 minutes to an hour, stirring occasionally so that the sugar dissolves.
- Run a knife around the outside of each ramekin, place a small serving plate over, and invert.
- Spoon the berry mixture over the unmolded puddings and garnish with fresh mint sprigs.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 425 Calories from Fat 279
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 66% Protein 5% Carb. 29%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 31 g
Saturated Fat 19 g
Cholesterol 114 mg
Sodium 102 mg
Total Carbohydrate 31 g
Dietary Fiber 1 g
Sugars 6 g
Protein 5 g
Vitamin A 25% Vitamin C 16% Calcium 0% Iron 1%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2019 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.