In a hurry, but need a luscious dessert? The following Banana Peanut Butter Cup Galette is made of only three ingredients. Frozen puff pastry is rolled out lightly, pricked with a fork, and baked – this step can be done several days ahead. Just before or a few hours before serving, fresh bananas are arranged over the top, peanut butter cups are scattered over all, and the galette is heated for about 10 minutes or until the chocolate is melted. Now how easy is that?
Not only is this an attractive dessert, it’s gooey and good. To save time, miniature peanut butter cups can be purchased unwrapped in 12-ounce packages, or really tiny ones can be purchased in the bulk candy departments of many grocery stores. The regular size ones take slightly more time to unwrap, but work well if the other types aren’t available. Readymade puff pastry is available in the frozen foods department, and some grocery stores carry it already rolled out into rounds. Whatever your preferences or availability in your area, you’ll find this easy dessert is a winner and will be requested over and over.
8 ounces puff pastry, (1 sheet)
12 ounces unwrapped peanut butter cup(s)
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Roll the puff pastry to a very thin circle or rectangle; prick thoroughly with a fork.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Do not underbake.
- Remove from the oven and cool.
- About 30 minutes before serving, heat the oven to 350°.
- Slice the bananas and arrange them evenly over the puff pastry.
- Scatter the peanut butter cups over all.
- Bake 10 minutes or until the chocolate is melted.
- Remove from the oven, swirl the melted candy over the bananas, and cut into wedges to serve.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 261 Calories from Fat 128
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 49% Protein 7% Carb. 45%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 14 g
Saturated Fat 5 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 178 mg
Total Carbohydrate 29 g
Dietary Fiber 1 g
Sugars 14 g
Protein 4 g
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 4% Calcium 0% Iron 2%