Date Walnut Pumpkin Bread recipe
If dates aren’t available, raisins can be substituted. This easy bread can also be baked as a cake in a 9 x 13” cake pan and frosted with Vanilla Buttercream vanilla or Cream Cheese Frosting cream for a change; it can also be baked in a tube pan and drizzled with a simple Vanilla Glaze
Makes 2 Loaves
4 large eggs
2 cups canned pumpkin
3/4 cup vegetable oil
2 cups Kellogg's All-Bran cereal
2 cups flour
2 cups sugar
1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup chopped dates
1 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Spray two standard loaf pans with non-stick spray.
- Mix the eggs, pumpkin, and vegetable oil in a large mixing bowl; stir in the cereal.
- Mix the flour, sugar, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the pumpkin mixture and beat on medium speed until smooth.
- Stir in the dates and walnuts.
- Divide the mixture between the two loaf pans.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven, let sit 5 minutes, then invert onto cooling wraps. Turn the loaves upright and let cool thoroughly.
- Store in an airtight bag.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 271 Calories from Fat 101
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 37% Protein 6% Carb. 56%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 11 g
Saturated Fat 1 g
Cholesterol 35 mg
Sodium 190 mg
Total Carbohydrate 38 g
Dietary Fiber 3 g
Sugars 17 g
Protein 4 g
Vitamin A 92% Vitamin C 8% Calcium 0% Iron 10%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2022 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.