Everyone loves pumpkin bread; it’s a must-bake item during the fall, and is popular at Halloween right through Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years. Here’s a variation of the ever-popular pumpkin bread. This version contains dates, walnuts, and All-Bran cereal, and those ingredients elevate this bread to luscious. Although it's good as is, it's even better spread with a little slightly sweetened whipped cream cheese.
If dates aren’t available, raisins can be substituted. This easy bread can also be baked as a cake in a 9 x 13” cake pan and frosted with Vanilla Buttercream vanilla or Cream Cheese Frosting cream for a change; it can also be baked in a tube pan and drizzled with a simple Vanilla Glaze
Makes 2 Loaves
4 large eggs
2 cups canned pumpkin
3/4 cup vegetable oil
2 cups Kellogg's All-Bran cereal
2 cups flour
2 cups sugar
1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup chopped dates
1 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Spray two standard loaf pans with non-stick spray.
- Mix the eggs, pumpkin, and vegetable oil in a large mixing bowl; stir in the cereal.
- Mix the flour, sugar, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the pumpkin mixture and beat on medium speed until smooth.
- Stir in the dates and walnuts.
- Divide the mixture between the two loaf pans.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven, let sit 5 minutes, then invert onto cooling wraps. Turn the loaves upright and let cool thoroughly.
- Store in an airtight bag.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 271 Calories from Fat 101
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 37% Protein 6% Carb. 56%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 11 g
Saturated Fat 1 g
Cholesterol 35 mg
Sodium 190 mg
Total Carbohydrate 38 g
Dietary Fiber 3 g
Sugars 17 g
Protein 4 g
Vitamin A 92% Vitamin C 8% Calcium 0% Iron 10%