Just because it’s a busy time doesn’t mean dessert isn’t important; dessert is, of course, the “food group” that adds a bit of pure happiness to what may be a difficult or boring day. Dessert makes it possible to smile, relax, and savor a bit of heaven. Given that, it’s not only nice, but absolutely essential that we have a few quick-to-prepare dessert recipes in our recipe repertoire. The following b>Raspberry Lime Cream Cheese Squares take advantage of refrigerated crescent rolls and make it possible to assemble this easy dessert in only 15-20 minutes.
Although the filling in this recipe calls for raspberries, you can vary the berries and substitute blackberries, or blueberries, or add a mixture of raspberries and blueberries for a patriotic version. Because of the cream cheese, this dessert will remind you of a cross between a cheesecake and cheese Danish; it’s even suitable for a brunch dessert.
2 8 oz. cans Refrigerated crescent rolls
2 8 oz. packages cream cheese, softened
1 cup sugar
2 medium limes
2 to 3 cups fresh raspberries
1/2 cup melted butter
1/4 cup sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spray a 9 x 13" glass baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Press 1 package of the crescent rolls onto the bottom of the baking dish, being careful to press the seams together so there are no gaps.
- Spread the filling evenly over the crescent roll layer.
- Separate the remaining crescent rolls and place them loosely over the filling.
- Pour the melted butter evenly over the crescent rolls.
- Mix the 1/4 cup sugar and reserved lime zest; sprinkle over the top.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until puffed and golden (do not undercook to prevent a soggy dessert – the bottom layer should be nicely browned).
- Remove from the oven and let cool thoroughly before cutting into 16 squares.
- Filling: Whip the cream cheese and sugar until fluffy.
- Zest the limes and set the zest aside.
- Squeeze the juice into the cream cheese mixture and mix well.
- Gently fold in the raspberries.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 335 Calories from Fat 197
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 59% Protein 5% Carb. 36%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 22 g
Saturated Fat 11 g
Cholesterol 47 mg
Sodium 376 mg
Total Carbohydrate 30 g
Dietary Fiber 1 g
Sugars 16 g
Protein 4 g
Vitamin A 13% Vitamin C 10% Calcium 0% Iron 5%