Slow Cooker Pots de Creme au Chocolate Recipe
The following recipe for Slow Cooker Pots de Creme au Chocolate was adapted from a classic Julia Child cookbook and was one she demonstrated on an early television show (before calories and fat grams were an issue); hers weren’t baked in the slow cooker, of course, but the ingredients are similar. The finished puddings are definitely decadent, and will be the perfect ending to any meal.
3 cups heavy whipping cream
12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
1/4 cup sugar
4 egg yolks
1/4 cup rum or flavored liqueur
- Measure the whipping cream into a large glass measure (8 cups).
- Microwave 5-7 minutes or until almost boiling.
- Stir in the chocolate and sugar; let sit 5 minutes, then whisk until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs and egg yolks.
- Gradually add the egg mixture to the cream mixture, whisking constantly, until well incorporated; whisk in the rum.
- Pour the Mixture through a fine sieve to remove the bubbles or bits of egg.
- Divide the mixture between 8 1/2-cup glass pots or ramekins.
- Place a rack on the bottom of a large slow cooker, preferably rectangular, but oval also works; place the pots on the rack.
- Meanwhile rinse the glass measure, fill it with water, and microwave until boiling; pour the boiling water around the pots so that it comes up about halfway up the sides of the ramekins. (Depending on the size of your slow cooker, you may need to boil more water.)
- Cover, set the slow cooker to low, and let cook 2 1/2 - 3 hours or until the puddings are set.
- Remove from the slow cooker to cool, then cover each with plastic wrap and refrigerate (unless serving warm).
- Serve warm or cold with real sweetened whipped cream.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 661 Calories from Fat 479
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 72% Protein 5% Carb. 20%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 53 g
Saturated Fat 31 g
Cholesterol 331 mg
Sodium 70 mg
Total Carbohydrate 33 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 6 g
Protein 8 g
Vitamin A 33% Vitamin C 1% Calcium 0% Iron 10%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2021 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.