Guest Author - Kara Williams
Where are the hot spots to honeymoon? Not surprisingly, beach destinations top the list, according to a 2006 Travelocity/Modern Bride poll of nearly 6,000 Travelocity members. Here's where couples plan to go or have already traveled to on their recent honeymoons:
7. Las Vegas
10. U.S. Virgin Islands
Respondents were also asked about their dream destinations – where they’d like to travel if time and money were not an issue. Again, no big surprises. Hawaii tops this list, too. But France is also appealing. Ooh, la la!:
8. New Zealand
The poll also posed some fun (and sometimes embarrassing) questions about how couples plan their honeymoons, and what actually happens on the trip. Here are some highlights:
• Fifty-one percent of respondents said the bride was responsible for planning the honeymoon; 31 percent of the grooms planned it; 9 percent planned the trip together.
• The majority of the respondents (27 percent) said they planned to spend or did spend between $500 and $999 per person on airfare and accommodations. Twenty-four percent said between $1,000 and $1,499; 23 percent said between $1,500 and $3,000.
• Nearly 50 percent of respondents said that a honeymoon was for spending time together as a couple. But if they were to or did spend time solo, most would opt for a spa treatment. Other solo activities: shopping, working out and playing golf.
• Fifty percent of respondents plan to pack or did pack some sexy lingerie for the honeymoon. Other sexy items in their luggage: massage oil, a naughty DVD and candles.
• Of the folks who chose to answer a question about their sex lives (and many preferred not to say), the majority (33 percent) said they planned to or did have sex every day on their honeymoon; 18 percent said they planned to or did have sex “morning, noon and night.”