Michela Glad of Elegant Styles Salon in Fort Wayne, Indiana created this youthful and fun updo that is perfect for a summer wedding.
- First separate the bang area and clip it out of the way.
- If you want fullness, set all of the rest of the hair on hot rollers, cool and remove them carefully.
- Your next step is to – using your fingers - comb all of the hair up into a ponytail. Position it high in the crown of your head. If your hair is long, you can use a covered elastic band to hold it. If your hair is of medium length, you may want to use bobby pins to hold the hair, creating a wider base for the curls.
- Divide the ponytail into small pieces and roll the curls around your fingers. If you need more curl, use a curling iron to tighten the curls.
- Fluff and place the individual curls. Use back-combing at the base to give them more fullness if necessary.
- When the crown of curls is finished, smooth the bangs into place, tuck the ends under or behind your ears and spray well the entire style with hairspray.
- This bride has chosen a pearl encrusted headband style crown. Add any style hair accessory and this wedding updo is perfectly complete!
EBook - Updos for Every Occassion
Updos for parties, proms, weddings or the office. Follow these simple instructions to begin creating them yourself!