Valentine's Day is for lover's. Fun Things To Do On Valentine's Day.
But what if you don't have a love? Turn to friends and family and enjoy still the day. Send cute emails, grab friends and go out to a fun place for dinner. Then begin to make plans for a very special Valentine's Day next year. Remember, being alone does not necessarily mean loneliness. But if you do feel lonely, this is the perfect time to take steps to do something about it.
It is true that you don't have to be alone to feel lonely. If you have ever had the experience of feeling alone in a room full of people then you know what it is to feel lonely. By the same token being alone does not necessarily mean loneliness. The Internet can be credited with creating welcoming arms to people who tend to be loners or are too shy to step out on their own. There are thousands of online groups and clubs to join without stepping outside of your home. Strong bonds and true friendship often develop among forum members.
However, most of us also crave and need some kind of one-on-one contact. Joining a 'brick and mortar' social, business or volunteer group can help you to feel less lonely. You may even find "the one."
If you are a loner or desperately shy how can you even think of joining a club or large group?
- Understand that you are responsible for yourself; therefore, you must take that first step.
- Be ready to change your mindset and open your mind and your heart to allow others in your personal space.
- Join a social group that shares your love of books, films, gardening, crafts, etc. you will enjoy the interaction and make friends. Join a business group specific to your line of work, your gender or your aspirations.
- Choose your new friends carefully. The quality of a friendship is most important; don't become so desperate that you settle for a friendship that is not positive. A question to ask yourself, "Is he or she the person or one of the people I call first when I have a problem or do I hesitate?” If you hesitate, ask yourself why? A bad or negative relationship can be worse than being alone because it is stressful to mind and body.
- If there is someone you would like to know better, reach out and take the first step toward building a friendship. Maybe the person you are reaching out to feels the same as you do.
And, finally, learn to enjoy your own your company. See Cooking for One? Treat Yourself Well On Valentine's Day
Just for fun.
Valentine's Day-Romance Legends and Facts.