Books & Music
Food & Wine
Health & Fitness
Hobbies & Crafts
Home & Garden
News & Politics
Religion & Spirituality
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Stuffed Chile Peppers Recipe
STUFFED CHILE PEPPERS
Vegetable oil spray
4 Anaheim peppers (about 8 ounces)
2 oz low-fat Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
2 oz low-fat ricotta cheese
1/2 tspn chili powder
1/2 tspn garlic powder
1/8 tspn cayenne
1/8 tspn ground cumin
1/8 tspn black pepper
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
3 egg whites
Vegetable oil spray
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
1. Preheat broiler. Spray a broiling pan with vegetable oil spray.
2. Make a small slit near the stem of each pepper so steam will be released.
3. Place peppers on a broiling pan and broil 3 to 4 inches from the heat for 1 to 2 minutes on each side, or until the skins are blackened.
4. Place peppers in a plastic bag and seal bag. Let peppers sit until cool enough to handle.
5. Remove the charred skins from peppers with your fingers or a butterknife.
6. Cut the stem end off and remove membranes and seeds. Rinse peppers in cold water and pat dry with paper towels.
7. In a small bowl, combine Monterey Jack cheese, ricotta cheese, chili powder, garlic powder, cayenne, cumin, and black pepper. Use 1/4 of mixture for one pepper.
8. Gently spoon mixture into stem opening of each chili pepper. Lightly coat peppers with flour. Set aside.
9. Beat the egg whites in a medium mixing bowl with electric hand mixer until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
10. Coat baking sheet with vegetable oil.
11. Dip chili peppers into egg whites and place on the baking sheet.
12. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
Hint: Always use plastic gloves when working with chile peppers.
| Related Articles | Editor's Picks Articles | Top Ten Articles | Previous Features | Site Map
Content copyright © 2014 by Vannie Ryanes. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Vannie Ryanes. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Vannie Ryanes for details.
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.