No holiday cookie tray is complete without something chocolate, and the following Chocolate Pecan Bourbon Balls will satisfy the most passionate chocoholic. These fabulous cookies contain a double dose of chocolate and are coated with toasted pecans.
Don’t confuse these crisp-on-the-outside, gooey-on-the-inside baked cookies with the no-bake variety of bourbon balls; the bourbon flavor is not strong or overpowering, and it complements the luscious rich chocolate.
Chocolate Pecan Bourbon Balls are sure to become favorites – not only for the holidays, but all through the year.
5 dozen cookies
1 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup bourbon whiskey
2 cups flour
6 tablespoons cocoa
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 egg whites, beaten with 2 tablespoons water
2 cups finely chopped pecans
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Cream the butter and brown sugar until light; beat in the bourbon until smooth.
- Measure the flour, cocoa, and salt in a fine strainer and sift it over the butter mixture.
- Mix well; stir in the chocolate chips.
- Place the egg white mixture in a bowl; place the chopped pecans on a plate.
- Scoop tablespoon-size balls of dough; roll until smooth.
- Dip into the egg white mixture then roll in the pecans.
- Place 2" apart on parchment-lined baking sheets.
- Bake 13-15 minutes or until the balls are still soft but have a light crust.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and let sit on the baking sheet 5 minutes before transferring to cooling racks.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature up to 2 weeks or freeze for longer storage.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 100 Calories from Fat 60
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 60% Protein 4% Carb. 31%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 7 g
Saturated Fat 3 g
Cholesterol 8 mg
Sodium 57 mg
Total Carbohydrate 8 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 0 g
Protein 1 g
Vitamin A 2% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 0% Iron 2%