Recipe for Chocolate Pecan Bourbon Balls
Don’t confuse these crisp-on-the-outside, gooey-on-the-inside baked cookies with the no-bake variety of bourbon balls; the bourbon flavor is not strong or overpowering, and it complements the luscious rich chocolate.
Chocolate Pecan Bourbon Balls are sure to become favorites – not only for the holidays, but all through the year.
5 dozen cookies
1 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup bourbon whiskey
2 cups flour
6 tablespoons cocoa
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 egg whites, beaten with 2 tablespoons water
2 cups finely chopped pecans
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Cream the butter and brown sugar until light; beat in the bourbon until smooth.
- Measure the flour, cocoa, and salt in a fine strainer and sift it over the butter mixture.
- Mix well; stir in the chocolate chips.
- Place the egg white mixture in a bowl; place the chopped pecans on a plate.
- Scoop tablespoon-size balls of dough; roll until smooth.
- Dip into the egg white mixture then roll in the pecans.
- Place 2" apart on parchment-lined baking sheets.
- Bake 13-15 minutes or until the balls are still soft but have a light crust.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and let sit on the baking sheet 5 minutes before transferring to cooling racks.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature up to 2 weeks or freeze for longer storage.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 100 Calories from Fat 60
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 60% Protein 4% Carb. 31%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 7 g
Saturated Fat 3 g
Cholesterol 8 mg
Sodium 57 mg
Total Carbohydrate 8 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 0 g
Protein 1 g
Vitamin A 2% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 0% Iron 2%
You Should Also Read:
Other Christmas Cookie Recipes
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2022 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.