Books & Music
Food & Wine
Health & Fitness
Hobbies & Crafts
Home & Garden
News & Politics
Religion & Spirituality
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
World Series Cookie Recipes
From a cookie point of view it doesnt really matter where the Work Series are being held. You can always be a bit creative and find a cookie recipe symbolic of the location or team. Make some cookies that go with the location and serve them alongside all your other game snacks.
Ghirardelli Chocolate from Ghirardelli Square in San Francisco.
In 1852, the Ghirardelli Chocolate Company was looking for a new location. They needed more space. They chose the area in San Francisco that is now referred to as Ghirardelli Square. At Ghirardelli Square there is also a Chocolate Ice Cream and Chocolate Shop.
People come from all over the world to taste the premium chocolates and have a World Famous Hot Fudge Sundae. They come to see the original chocolate making equipment in action.
You can buy chocolate chips there at Ghirardelli Square or you may even find the Ghirardelli chocolate chips in better grocery stores.
Giant Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
Gather all your ingredients:
1/2 c. shortening
1 c. packed brown sugar
1/2 c. sour cream
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
3 c. Ghirardelli semi-sweet chocolate chips (divided)
1 3/4 c. white flour (do not sift)
˝ tsp. salt
˝ tsp. baking powder
˝ tsp. baking soda
˝ c. chopped pecans
Follow these easy directions:
1. Turn the oven on to 350 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, cream shortening with brown sugar.
3. Mix in egg, sour cream and vanilla.
4. Melt 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips in the microwave- 15 second intervals, and stir each time till it is smooth.
5. Blend with creamed mixture, stirring until smooth.
6. Fold in nuts and remaining 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips.
7. Cover the bowl and put it in the fridge to chill the dough for 1/2 hour.
For giant cookies use ice cream scoop or 1/4 cup dough for each cookie.
Place on 3 greased baking sheets. Flatten slightly to 3 inches.
For smaller cookies drop in heaping teaspoon.
Bake 10-12 minutes. These cookies will be winners each time you make them!
Texas Ranger Cookies
Gather all the ingredients:
1 c. shortening
1 c. sugar
1 c. brown sugar
2 eggs, beaten
2 c. flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. vanilla
2 c. uncooked oatmeal
2 c. corn flakes
1-2 c. chocolate chips
Follow these easy directions:
1. In a large bowl cream together the shortening and white and brown sugar
2. Add the eggs and beat them with sugar and shortening
3. Add flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda.
4. Stir in the remaining ingredients.
Drop by teaspoon on greased pan.
Bake at 375 degrees for 12-15 minutes.
Enjoy sharing these cookies with family and friends or munch on them while watching the game.
Other cookie recipes available from Amazon
| Related Articles | Editor's Picks Articles | Top Ten Articles | Previous Features | Site Map
Content copyright © 2015 by Launa Stout. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Launa Stout. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Launa Stout for details.
Website copyright © 2015 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.