Books & Music
Food & Wine
Health & Fitness
Hobbies & Crafts
Home & Garden
News & Politics
Religion & Spirituality
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Homeschool Club Ideas
Homeschool support groups can provide fellowship and fun, and starting a homeschool club can be a great idea, too. A specific homeschool club, with a specialized theme, is a wonderful way to encourage not only socialization for your child, but also to foster comraderie. Chances are that your child has a specific interest, like Lego building or American Girls. Use their interest as a segway to starting a club, or group to facilitate this interest. Many moms are hesitant to develop a cool club for their children as they cannot think of ideas for one. Below you will find lots of ideas to get your creative juices flowing, and hopefully these ideas will lead you to develop a super club!
1. Lego Robotics or Lego Builders Club- check out the Lego education site for information on creating a Lego League to compete in.
2. Chess Club- or any strategy game like Battleship or Chinese Checkers.
3. Spanish Conversation- If your homeschooler is learning Spanish this group will give them an outlet for practicing their conversational skills.
4. Japanese- study the culture or language as a group. Other countries of interest work well here, too.
5. Broadway Club- Learn about acting and drama, and see plays together, too.
6. Poetry- This club gives studentts a chance to share their writing, creativity and ideas.
7. Trash to Treasures- Eco-concious homeschoolers will love helping one another turn their trash into treasure.
8. Painting- Study artists and famous painters. As a group check into painting store windows in town for various holidays.
9. Jewelry Making and Beading- Creating beautiful jewelry and sharing ideas makes this club a great one for fashionable teens.
10. Beginning Ballet- Find a skilled ballet dancer to teach these club members the basics, and share the joy of dance.
11. Math Team- There are Olympics of the Mind groups, as well as Math leagues. Children can compete in these or just amongst one another.
12. American Girls- This club is a hit for lots of young ladies who homeschool, and you can even choose a generational theme for each meeting, too.
13. Magic Club- Encourage your budding magician to share his or her tricks with others in this innovative club. Don't forget to put on a show for other homeschoolers, too.
14. Little House Club- Those children who love to read the Little House series will also love discussing it with friends. Everyone can complete projects as a group, too, like candle and soap making.
15. Band- Start a homeschool band! Let your musical homeschooler jam with friends, and have fun while doing it!
Here are some resources to inspire your creativity:
-American Girl Book Club Kit
Content copyright © 2013 by Alissa Moy. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Alissa Moy. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Alissa Moy for details.
Website copyright © 2013 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.