Books & Music
Food & Wine
Health & Fitness
Hobbies & Crafts
Home & Garden
News & Politics
Religion & Spirituality
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Ten helpful hints while on vacation
I know. I know you’ve heard all before. You go on vacation and suddenly everything you learned goes out the window. That doesn’t have to be the case if you come prepared. Here are a few helpful hints for you to stay on track.
1. If possible book a room with a refrigerator. There you can store your insulin and any perishable food you might have.
2. Try to eat your breakfast in your room. This way you get a good start and your vacation starts out well. If possible try to locate a grocery store and load up on snack items.
3. If traveling by car, make sure to have a cooler, but fruits, water and any snacks you enjoy. Be sure to stop occasionally and walk around.
4. If traveling by plane, make sure you have all medication marked clearly so you won’t have problems going through security. Pack good snack items or purchase food at the airport since diabetic meals may not meet your needs.
5. When at your vacation destination try to incorporate exercise in your sightseeing. Take long walks on the beach, tour downtown by foot, or even walk the local mall to get a good look at what’s in fashion.
6. Try to eat healthy sometime during the day so you can make your indulgences count. Exercise is key along with what you put in your body so you can make the most of your vacation.
7. Try to research your vacation destination online and see what it has to offer. Maybe some new foods or even a museum you would like to visit. Remember you can control most of what you eat.
8. Be sure to have fun and bring sunscreen, mosquito repellent and a large hat to shade you from the sun. Just a few tiny things can make a difference.
9. Proper clothing. Make sure you pack comfortable clothes. This way you can enjoy your vacation and not worry about tight fitting shoes or clothes.
10. Make a list to make sure you pack everything you need. It will save you headaches once you reach your destination and you won’t have to spend your vacation shopping for missing items.
| Related Articles | Editor's Picks Articles | Top Ten Articles | Previous Features | Site Map
Content copyright © 2015 by Cindy Kimura. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Cindy Kimura. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Cindy Kimura for details.
Website copyright © 2016 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.