Guest Author - Brandii Lacey
Appetizers often make for some of the most kid friendly food items. They are perfect for holidays, sporting events, or everyday snacks.
Oven Baked Sausage Balls Recipe
1 lb of turkey sausage (any type of sausage will do)
1 bag (2 cups) of extra sharp shredded cheese
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
2. Combine the sausage and cheese together.
3. Add flour, Ό cup at a time, until you are able to make individual rolls.
4. Place on a sheet of tin foil or cookie sheet.
5. Bake for twenty to thirty minutes, or until cooked through.
Pigs in a Blanket Recipe
1 pack of hot dogs
1 pack of refrigerated crescent roll
Cheddar cheese slices, cut into small strips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cut one hot dog into two or three mini dogs.
3. Separate crescent roll dough into triangles. Youll see the perforated lines, and the dough should pull apart easily. Dont worry if its not an exact triangle.
4. Place one mini dog on one triangle of the crescent roll dough.
5. If desired, place a small piece of cheese on the hot dog.
6. Wrap the dough around the dog. You will see both ends of the hot dog sticking on from the dough, which is fine.
7. Bake for ten fifteen minutes.
8. Serve with your favorite condiments.
Slow Cooker Spinach Artichoke Dip Recipe
8 ounces of cream cheese, plain or garlic flavor
1 ½ cup shredded cheddar or mozzarella cheese
1 14 ounce can of artichoke hearts
1 pack of frozen finely chopped spinach
1. Spray your slow cooker with a non stick cooking spray.
2. Thaw spinach and drain well.
3. Drain and finely chop artichokes.
4. Combine all ingredients in your slow cooker.
5. Cook on low for two to three hours or until heated through and the cheese is melted.
6. Serve with crackers or tortilla chips.
Dill Dip and Veggies Recipe
2/3 cup mayonnaise
2/3 cup sour cream
1 Tablespoon chopped green onion
1 Tablespoon chopped parsley
1 Tablespoon dill weed
1 teaspoon Beau Monde seasoning
An assortment of bite size veggies such as carrots, celery, cherry tomatoes, and cucumbers.
1. Chop up all veggies into bite size pieces, set aside
2. Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
3. You can serve this right away, or for more flavor, chill in the refrigerator for four hours or overnight. Stir well just before serving.