Recipe for No-Bake Caramel Groundhogs
48 walnut size groundhogs
1 cup flaked coconut
2 cups sugar
3/4 cup butter
1/2 cup whipping cream, or evaporated milk
1 3 oz. package instant butterscotch pudding
3 1/2 cups oatmeal
Chocolate chips or raisins for eyes, (optional)
- Line two jelly-roll pans with parchment; set aside.
- Spread the coconut over the bottom of a plate.
- Microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- Remove from the microwave and stir; if the coconut is a golden brown, set aside to cool. Otherwise, microwave an additional 30 seconds to 1 minute or until golden.
- Mix the sugar, butter, and whipping cream in a large saucepan.
- Cover the pan and bring the mixture to a boil over medium heat.
- When the mixture boils, remove the lid and stir.
- Boil 1 minute, remove from the heat, and whisk in the pudding mix.
- Stir in the oatmeal.
- Scoop the mixture (or drop by tablespoonfuls if a scoop isn’t available) onto the parchment-lined pans, immediately sprinkling with the coconut to resemble groundhogs.
- Press two chocolate chips or raisins into each cookie to resemble eyes.
- Let the cookies set, then store for up to two weeks in an airtight container.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 99 Calories from Fat 42
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 43% Protein 4% Carb. 53%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 5 g
Saturated Fat 3 g
Cholesterol 11 mg
Sodium 35 mg
Total Carbohydrate 13 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 8 g
Protein 1 g
Vitamin A 3% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 0% Iron 2%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2019 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.