Recipe for Peanut Butter Broomsticks
If there are kids around, they will definitely want to help shape the cookies around the pretzels. The broomsticks can then be decorated with chocolate frosting, Halloween sprinkles, or the sparkly gel frosting (pictured) that is found on the baking aisle of the grocery store.
12 Giant Broomsticks
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup shortening
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/4 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
12 pretzel rods
1 cup canned chocolate frosting
Sprinkles, or other Halloween decorations
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or spray with non-stick spray.
- Cream the peanut butter, sugars, shortening, egg, and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Add the flour, soda, and salt; mix well.
- Scoop 1/4 cup size balls of dough, press a pretzel rod down the center of each ball, and using fingers, shape into triangles.
- Press down with the tines of a fork.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown around the edges.
- Remove from the oven and let the cookie cool on the baking sheets.
- Place the chocolate frosting in the microwave and cook on high 10-15 seconds to soften.
- Spread frosting on the top of the cookies where they connect with the pretzel, down about 1/3 to resemble a broom.
- If using sprinkles, add them immediately; if using gel, wait until the frosting sets to add.
- Store in an airtight container for up to one week.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 370 Calories from Fat 171
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 46% Protein 5% Carb. 49%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 19 g
Saturated Fat 3 g
Cholesterol 18 mg
Sodium 270 mg
Total Carbohydrate 45 g
Dietary Fiber 1 g
Sugars 10 g
Protein 5 g
Vitamin A 1% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 0% Iron 3%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2023 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.