Spicy Smoky Salsa Recipe
If you like a little heat in your food, you're going to love this!
I started out with 7 ingredients:
2. Anaheim, jalapeno, dried pasilla and ancho peppers
3. Multi-colored heirloom and red grape tomatoes
4. Smoked sea salt
5. Coconut vinegar
7. Garlic and stuffed olive infused extra virgin olive oil
1. The first thing I did was to go to the grill, that was all fired up and laid my washed peppers on it. I added my tomatoes in a make-shift container made out aluminum foil. [Didn't want them to fall through the grate.] I roasted them 'til they were charred black on the skin and soft from the internal steaming they went through.
2. I put my skillet on the grill and let it heat for a moment and added several cloves of garlic to the dry skillet and once they begin to cook through I added some extra virgin olive oil to the pan and let the garlic cook.
3. I added everything into the molcajete, including the vinegar [appr. 1 tbsp.] and ground it all up, leaving the skin on for that earthy charred flavor.
4. I set the molcajete on the table for everyone to help themselves; and that they did! The salsa was gone in no time and stomachs were beyond filled. I was happy.
Next time you're out and about, take a look at the tomatoes and peppers... Maybe you'll innovate a new dish with them. Here's a brief list of what you can do with the right tomatoes:
1. Tomato salsa!
2. Marinara sauce
3. Make an incredible, busting out of the seems, sandwhich, with beefsteak tomato slices
4. Tomato soup
5. Tomato dessert topping [may sound strange, but it works!]
6. Sundried tomato snacks
7. Pickle them
8. Stuff them
9. Fry them
10. Eat them plain with a little fresh ground cumin, pepper and smoked sea salt
It's really hard to go wrong when you're working with good quality tomatoes!
If you'd like some more engaging food talk, join me on href="https://facebook.com/personalchefmarketingtv">my facebook Personal Chef page. Until next time...
This site needs an editor - click to learn more!
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2022 by Jason Hodge. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Jason Hodge. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact BellaOnline Administration for details.