Guest Author - Ingrid Stamatson
1. NBC is looking for contenders and gladiators for the classic competition series "American Gladiators" and will be auditioning both for the upcoming season beginning Saturday, September 8, 2007 in Los Angeles before moving onto four additional cities around the U.S including New York, Chicago, Miami and Dallas.
Contenders are described as "weekend warriors" who have excelled in their level of fitness and want to test their physical ability in the Gladiator Arena. The "gladiators" are a group of warriors who are ready to take down those challengers.
Below are the audition cities, locations to report to and the times.
LOS ANGELES, CA – Saturday, September 8 / 9:00am – 5:00pm
360 Hampton Drive
Venice, CA 90291
BROOKLYN, NY – Saturday, September 15 / 10:00am – 3:00pm
PAERDEGAT ATHLETIC CLUB
1510 Paerdegat Ave. N
Brooklyn, NY 11236
CHICAGO, IL – Sunday, September 16 / 9:00am – 5:00pm
Windy City Fieldhouse
2367 W. Logan Blvd.
Chicago, IL 60647
MIAMI, FL – Saturday, September 22 / 10:00am – 3:00pm
The Ice Palace Film Studios
1400 North Miami Ave
Miami, Florida 33136
DALLAS, TX – Saturday, September 22 / 10:00am – 6:00pm
2500 E. Mayfield Rd.
Arlington, TX 76014
Requirements: all contestants must be legal US residents and 18 years old or older. Come dressed in workout attire and appropriate footwear to be considered. They will be tested on physical ability in areas such as strength, speed, balance and agility. Bring a workout towel and water with you.
If you cannot make it to one of the audition cities, you can log onto NBC Casting, and click "American Gladiators" to apply.
2. Welcome To Hollywood Casting Call
As the name implies, they are looking for regular girls (21 – 35 ) who dream of making it Big in Hollywood.
A major cable TV network is casting hometown girls from around the country who want to trade in their "Simple Life" for a taste of the "The Fabulous Life." You'll get to live in a glamorous house in the Hollywood Hills with other girls just like you and be on the fast track to the top of Hollywood's A-List.
Send this information to KillerTalent@gmail.com
Use these questions as a guideline:
Why do you want to come to Hollywood? What makes you stand out in a crowd? Why you think you should be a star? What is your life is like at home and at work? Who are your favorite celebrities? Briefly tell us about a time when you felt like a celebrity.
Attach current digital photos (as many as you want) and a link to your website or personal networking page (MySpace, Facebook, etc…). If possible, you may submit video of yourself answering the above questions, existing video of yourself or anything else that would give us a sense of who you are.
3. My Better Half Needs North Texas / DFW Couples!
North Texas / DFW couples are being sought for new nationally broadcast exercise program titled “My Better Half.”
They say: “We’re looking for twosomes where one partner is a dedicated fitness buff, but their significant other won’t go near the gym on a bet!” These couples will then be screened by a professional trainer, who will then come up with a sport or activity that they can enjoy together. The goal is to strengthen the relationship, and themselves.
If interested, then email photos of you and your partner plus a story telling them how finding a joint activity would be desirable, why the partner who is not exercising wants to now work out, or any other reasons why you both want to be involved in the show to mybetterhalfTV@gmail.com.
They want photos! They can be either two individual photographs or one couple photograph. Please make sure the photos are clear and a decent size so they represent you well. If you would rather mail your photographs in, then just email your story to mailto:mybetterhalfTV@gmail.com and you will be sent their mailing address.
The prize here is working with a top notch physical trainer.
4. Women 18-35 Overwhelmed by Life
No name for the show yet, but it is a “Lifestyle” show and they are looking for women with hectic lives (isn’t that all of us?).
Hopefuls must be 18 to 35 and overwhelmed by the “5 Os”: over-booked, over-drawn, over-weight, over-achieving, over-planned. You may apply for yourself or nominate a daughter, sister or friend.
Email the following to DHCasting@citylightsmedia.com
- Your Name
- A recent photo of the person applying
- The name and relationship of the person you are nominating ( if applicable )
- Your Age and the Age of the person you are nominating ( if applicable)
- Best contact number for all parties, plus additional contact numbers and email addresses (I recommend sending in at least two)
- Describe your hectic life or the hectic life of the person you are nominating?
- Why could you or the nominee use a life coach?
- What could be learned or worked on with a life coach? If nominating, what could she benefit from by working with a life coach?
- They also want to know how you heard about the show – BellaOnline’s Reality TV site!!!
5. Charismatic Guys 23-40 Wanted Who Love to Cook (LA Area)
The Style network wants to see you prepare your favorite signature dish (only one) in your own kitchen.
Casting calls are being held next week – Sep 11 and 12 – in the Los Angeles area. Email them pictures of yourself, your occupation, and your contact info and they will call you to set up a time. You must live in the LA area and have access to a kitchen.[And mention where you saw this!]
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
That wraps up this week’s casting calls – see you on TV!