Books & Music
Food & Wine
Health & Fitness
Hobbies & Crafts
Home & Garden
News & Politics
Religion & Spirituality
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Dont have the perfect embellishments for your theme? Not sure what to do with your pictures? Monograms are the embellishment for that layout!
A monogram is a large letter. It will add to your page and take the place of titles and embellishments! Monograms are a fabulous way to add some character to your layouts.
Here are some ideas for creating monograms:
* Stencils - make your own by using all of those templates you have stored away! Trace the letter and cut it out. You can also purchase cardboard stencil letters at office supply stores and in most school supply aisles. You can decorate the cardboard stencils by painting, inking, chalking and covering with patterned paper!
* Letter Stickers This is a GREAT way to use up all of those stickers that you dont have enough to create a whole word!
* Computer generated make a monogram using your computer. If you use reverse printing you will get the negative space inside the letter so the color of paper you are printing on will show through instead of a black letter.
* Rub on transfers - you can also add these to a photo
* Iron on fabric letters
* Stamps- use paint or ink
There are so many ways to alter monograms. Altering monograms is a fast, easy way to add detail and dimension to your page or card. You can sand the edges of a monogram to create a cool distressed look. Inking the edges will make your monogram stand out on your page. I love embellishing monograms with brads or ribbons. If I want to add dimension to my page, I can just attach my paper monograms with foam tape. Lately Ive been stamping on my monograms.
If you are wandering how to use these monograms on your page, here are some ideas:
* Names the first letter of the persons name
* Months J for January
* Seasons s for summer
* Places cities or countries
* Events E for Easter, C for Christmas, etc
* Emotions h for happy
* Things animals, flowers, toys, insects, vehicles, etc
Monograms are individual letters but you can combine them together to create large titles as well!
Monograms are versatile and so much fun! Try adding some to your next scrapbook project.
| Related Articles | Editor's Picks Articles | Top Ten Articles | Previous Features | Site Map
Content copyright © 2015 by Michelle McVaney. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Michelle McVaney. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Michelle McVaney for details.
Website copyright © 2016 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.