Les Chauve-Souris au Chocolat Recipe
Les Chauve-Souris au Chocolat can be made a couple of weeks ahead, and will keep well at room temperature. They will, of course, make a great addition to the annual Halloween BOO-ffet, or they can just be put in a bowl for those craving a little chocolate snack anytime.
24 ounces chocolate almond bark
48 pretzel thins
18 regular size marshmallows
Black sanding sugar
Green, black, & red Sparkle Gel
- Line two large baking sheets with parchment or waxed paper; set aside.
- Melt the almond bark in the microwave according to the directions on the package.
- Dip the pretzels in the almond bark; it's easiest to use a skewer.
- Place the dipped pretzels together in twos for wings.
- Cut 12 of the marshmallows in half lengthwise for the bodies; cut the remaining marshmallows in half crosswise, then each piece in half for the heads.
- Dip in the chocolate and place on the pretzels to resemble bodies and heads.
- Immediately sprinkle liberally with sanding sugar.
- Let the bats set at room temperature.
- Use the sparkle gel to form pointy ears, red mouths with fangs, and green or yellow eyes.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 179 Calories from Fat 70
Percent Total Calories From:
Fat 39% Protein 1% Carb. 60%
Nutrient Amount per Serving:
Total Fat 8 g
Saturated Fat 8 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 75 mg
Total Carbohydrate 27 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 19 g
Protein 1 g
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 0% Iron 1%
Want more Halloween ideas? There are over 130 Halloween recipes in my Halloween Cookbook, Quick Cooking for Halloween. It can be ordered from Amazon: Quick Cooking for Halloween: Over 130 Recipes to serve at the Annual Halloween BOO-ffet!
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2023 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.