Pumpkin and chocolate go together well, so the following Shortcut Chocolate Pumpkin Brownies will become a sure favorite during the fall season and also with ghosts, goblins, and monsters who attend your annual Halloween BOO-ffet. Since they start with the versatile and easy Mom's Brownie Mix, which can be made ahead and kept on the pantry shelf, they are quick and easy. The other ingredients, eggs, a small can of pumpkin, spices, chocolate chips, and sprinkles, are most likely already on hand.
These brownies are extremely moist, and they keep in a covered container for several days. However, the Official Hancock Tasters and some friends finished them off in less than a day; yours will probably disappear quickly, too. If you're planning on hosting a Halloween BOO-ffet, these make a great addition, and you can bake these brownies ahead; they freeze beautifully.
5 cups Mom's Brownie Mix
1 15 oz. can pure pumpkin
1 teaspoon English mixed spice, or pumpkin pie spice
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spray a 9" x 13" glass baking dish with Baker's Joy or non-stick spray with dusting of a little flour.
- Mix the Brownie mix, pumpkin, eggs, and mixed spice; spread in the prepared baking dish.
- Bake 30-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with the chocolate chips.
- Let sit five minutes; spread the chocolate evenly over the surface of the brownies.
- Sprinkle the sprinkles evenly over the chocolate.
- Let the brownies cool thoroughly before cutting into 32 squares.
Amount Per Serving:
Calories 170 Calories from Fat 68
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 40% Protein 3% Carb. 57%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 8 g
Saturated Fat 2 g
Cholesterol 13 mg
Sodium 99 mg
Total Carbohydrate 24 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 0 g
Protein 1 g
Vitamin A 59% Vitamin C 1% Calcium 0% Iron 1%