No-Brainer Cranberry Pistachio Fudge Recipe
Of course you can add your favorite ingredients to the basic fudge instead of cranberries and pistachios, but since they are red and green, they are perfect for Christmas. Make sure you use highest quality chocolate chips, preferably 60%+ cacao (European chocolate is best if you can get it; there are no preservatives or additives like American brands); it really makes a difference. Variations could include just walnuts, dried cherries and pecans or almonds, glacé red and green cherries, raisins and nuts – the list is limited only by your imagination.
1 cup dried cranberries, divided
1 tablespoon rum
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips, or chopped chocolate, preferably 60% or higher cacao
1 12 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
2/3 cup shelled pistachio nuts, divided
3 ounces white chocolate, melted
- Spray a 9" x 7" shallow glass dish with non-stick spray and line with parchment.
- Place 2/3 cup of the dried cranberries in a small bowl and toss with the rum; set aside to soak.
- Measure the chocolate and sweetened condensed milk into a large microwaveable container, preferably glass.
- Microwave 2 minutes; remove from the microwave and stir.
- Microwave an additional minute, remove from the oven, stir until smooth, and stir in the vanilla.
- Mix in the rum-soaked cranberries and 1/2 cup of the pistachio nuts; spread evenly into the prepared pan.
- Drizzle the melted white chocolate decoratively over the surface of the fudge; sprinkle with the remaining cranberries and pistachio nuts.
- With your hands, press down slightly so they will stick to the white chocolate; refrigerate the fudge until set.
- Using the parchment, remove from the pan, set on a cutting board, and cut into small squares.
- Place the squares in small holiday baking cups.
- Store the fudge in an airtight container at room temperature. If planning to store for more than a week, refrigerate to keep it tasting fresh.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 72 Calories from Fat 31
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 43% Protein 6% Carb. 50%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 3 g
Saturated Fat 2 g
Cholesterol 2 mg
Sodium 8 mg
Total Carbohydrate 9 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 0 g
Protein 1 g
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 1% Calcium 0% Iron 2%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2021 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.