Mattie Lynn's Whipping Cream Pound Cake Recipe
Mattie Lynn's Whipping Cream Pound Cake has minimal ingredients, and it's really quite easy to make. It's important, though, to follow the directions exactly, especially by putting the cakes in a cold oven. Don't, under any circumstances, use margarine; this cake is buttery, rich, and fabulous, and it would be criminal to ruin it with substandard ingredients! Southern cooks are well known for their wonderful cakes, and Elizabeth's recipe is one of the reasons. Happy Baking Y'all!
1 cup butter
2 1/2 cups sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
3 cups cake flour
1/2 teaspoon salt (Elizabeth doesn't add), (optional)
2 cups whipping cream
- Do not preheat oven.
- Spray a standard Bundt pan with Baker's Joy or grease and flour.
- Cream the butter and sugar until fluffy; add the eggs one at a time, beating after each addition; add the vanilla.
- Place the cake flour and salt if using in a fine strainer over the butter mixture; shake through the strainer and add the whipping cream.
- Mix until smooth and spread evenly in the prepared pan.
- Place the cake in the cold oven; set the oven to 350°.
- Bake about one hour and 10 minutes, then check and continue baking until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Although ovens vary, One hour and 37 minutes is the amount of time Elizabeth bakes hers, and it was perfect for mine also.
- Cool 10 minutes, invert onto a cooling rack, and cool thoroughly.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 289 Calories from Fat 148
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 51% Protein 4% Carb. 45%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 16 g
Saturated Fat 10 g
Cholesterol 101 mg
Sodium 102 mg
Total Carbohydrate 32 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 21 g
Protein 3 g
Vitamin A 13% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 0% Iron 7%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2022 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.