White Chocolate Cranberry Walnut Bars Recipe
White Chocolate Cranberry Walnut Bars are perfect to include on a Holiday buffet table, and will draw raves if taken to a cookie exchange. They are attractive on holiday trays and dessert buffets. While not particularly fancy looking, these unassuming bars will excite your taste buds with a mixture of amazing flavors. This recipe is definitely a keeper, and at our house will be one of those must-haves for the holidays.
2 1/2 cups flour
1 cup cold butter, cut into pieces
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups light corn syrup
1 cup sugar
3 tablespoons melted butter
2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries, coarsely chopped
1 cup chopped walnuts
1 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Line a 17" x 11" jelly roll pan with parchment, or spray with non-stick spray.
- Mix the flour, butter, powdered sugar, and salt until it resembles coarse crumbs; press the mixture evenly over the bottom of the prepared jelly roll pan.
- Bake 20 minutes; remove from the oven.
- Meanwhile, while the crust is baking, mix the corn syrup, sugar, and eggs until well-blended.
- Stir in the cranberries and walnuts; pour over the baked crust.
- Sprinkle the white chocolate chips evenly over the cranberry mixture.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until the center is fully set (make sure you don't underbake or the bars will be sticky).
- Remove from the oven and cool thoroughly before cutting into 48 bars.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 162 Calories from Fat 71
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 44% Protein 4% Carb. 52%
Nutrient Amount per
Total Fat 8 g
Saturated Fat 4 g
Cholesterol 30 mg
Sodium 83 mg
Total Carbohydrate 21 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 4 g
Protein 2 g
Vitamin A 4% Vitamin C 1% Calcium 0% Iron 4%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2018 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.