Mincemeat Shortbread Squares Recipe
Another time, you can substitute Cranberry Orange Filling for the mincemeat; the red filling is very festive and adds color to holiday cookie trays and dessert buffets. Although this recipe makes 48 bars, I like to cut each in half on the diagonal when serving them with other treats.
48 squares or 96 triangles
2 cups butter, (absolutely no subs)
1 cup brown sugar
5 cups flour
1 3/4 cups rice flour
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
3 to 4 cups Prepared Mincemeat, (about 1 1/2 27ounce jars)
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Line an 11" x 17" jellyroll pan with parchment, or spray thoroughly with non-stick spray.
- Mix the butter brown sugar, flour, rice flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves in a large mixing bowl until it resembles cornmeal.
- Press half of the dough evenly onto the prepared jellyroll pan; spread the mincemeat over.
- Crumble the remaining dough over the filling and press down slightly with your hands.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until a light golden brown.
- Mix the topping ingredients; sprinkle over the baked bars.
- Let the bars cool thoroughly before cutting into 48 squares.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 216 Calories from Fat 77
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 35% Protein 4% Carb. 61%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 9 g
Saturated Fat 5 g
Cholesterol 21 mg
Sodium 80 mg
Total Carbohydrate 33 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 15 g
Protein 2 g
Vitamin A 6% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 0% Iron 2%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2021 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.