No-Bake White Chocolate Peppermint Balls Recipe
Although I've found a food processor works best to crush the peppermint candies, you can crush them in a zip-type bag with a heavy object (wrap the bag in a dishtowel because the bag will get a few holes in it and leak a little). You can also break the pretzels into small pieces by hand, but I just pulse them in the food processor in batches, being careful not to let them go to crumbs.
85 Peppermint Balls
1 1/2 pounds white chocolate, chopped, or use chocolate chips
6 cups mini pretzels, coarsely chopped
2 cups crushed candy canes
- Line at least two baking sheets with waxed paper or parchment.
- Melt the white chocolate in the microwave, stirring after 1 minute, then after every 20 seconds until melted (or on top of a double boiler over simmering water, stirring until smooth and creamy).
- Pour the chocolate over the pretzels, and stir to coat well.
- Stir in the crushed candy canes.
- Scoop tablespoon sized balls onto the prepared baking sheets
- When set, store in an airtight container for up to several months.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 60 Calories from Fat 24
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 40% Protein 6% Carb. 54%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 3 g
Saturated Fat 1 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 78 mg
Total Carbohydrate 8 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 0 g
Protein 0 g
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 0% Iron 1%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2018 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.