Christmas Chocolate Swirls Recipe
Even Mr. Picky, the Official Hancock Taster's equivalent to Grumpy Cat when it comes to food, loves these new Christmas Cookies, and they are now carefully hidden so that my friends and family can taste them before he consumes the entire buttery batch. These cookies are quite easy: simply divide the dough into pieces, roll or pat them into thick rectangles, cover them with an easy microwave filling, add a few Christmas sprinkles, and roll. Once baked, they are easily cut with a sharp knife and can be stored in an airtight container for up to a month or longer. They also freeze well.
120 small cookies
1 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 tablespoons butter
1 1/2 cups butter
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
4 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Filling: Place the sweetened condensed milk, chocolate chips, and 2 tablespoons butter in a microwave-safe container.
- Microwave 3 minutes. Let sit 3 minutes and stir until the chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Set aside to cool a little.
- Cream the butter, brown sugar, and vanilla in a large mixing bowl.
- Measure the flour and salt into a fine strainer and shake it over the butter mixture; add the milk and mix until the dough comes together.
- Divide the dough into six equal pieces.
- On a floured pastry cloth, roll each piece of dough into a rectangle 6" x 10".
- Measure 1/2 cup filling (it will be quite stiff), and tear pieces over the filling; press together with your fingers, leaving a 1" edge on each side.
- Roll up, using the pastry cloth, jelly-roll style.
- Place each roll on a parchment-covered or well-greased baking sheet.
- Bake 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle each roll with a little powdered sugar.
- Let the rolls cool thoroughly and cut into 1/2" slices with a sharp knife.
- Store in an airtight container.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 85 Calories from Fat 40
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 47% Protein 3% Carb. 50%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 4 g
Saturated Fat 3 g
Cholesterol 8 mg
Sodium 50 mg
Total Carbohydrate 11 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 0 g
Protein 1 g
Vitamin A 2% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 0% Iron 1%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2019 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.