Recipe for Slow Cooker Cherry Almond Crumble
This crumble is versatile too; by varying the flavor of the pie filling, the kind of nuts, and/or the cake mix, there is no limit to the number of innovative desserts that can be created. For those who prefer more filling than topping, an extra can of pie filling can be added.
2 21 oz. cans cherry pie filling (add another can for more generous filling)
2 teaspoons almond extract
1/2 cup melted butter
1 18.25 ounce package yellow cake Mix
1 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup coarsely chopped whole almonds
- Mix the cherry pie filling and almond extract in the bottom of a 5-6 quart slow cooker.
- Mix the melted butter, cake mix, oats, and almonds in a bowl until crumbly.
- Sprinkle over the cherry pie filling mixture.
- Turn the slow cooker to low and cook until 2-3 hours on low, or until the topping is set and crisp.
- Turn off the slow cooker, remove the lid, and let sit 5 minutes to firm up the topping before serving with ice cream or sweetened whipped cream.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 427 Calories from Fat 139
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 33% Protein 3% Carb. 65%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 15 g
Saturated Fat 6 g
Cholesterol 21 mg
Sodium 359 mg
Total Carbohydrate 69 g
Dietary Fiber 1 g
Sugars 19 g
Protein 3 g
Vitamin A 8% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 0% Iron 4%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2022 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.