Chocolate Cherry Cheesecake Torte Recipe
By using Mom's Brownie Mix, which can be made ahead and stored at room temperature for months, the bottom layer of the torte can be mixed in less than five minutes. While the brownie layer is baking, the filling ingredients can be mixed in the food processor (of course a mixer works well too for those who don’t have a food processor); while baking time is about an hour total, hands on preparation time is only 15 –20 minutes.
If you happen to have a 9" heart-shaped springform pan, it will make your dessert even more festive; otherwise, a 9" round springform pan is beautiful too.
5 cups Mom's Brownie Mix
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 packages Cordial Cherries, (6.6 ounce package) or 20 cherry chocolates
2 8 oz. packages cream cheese
1/2 cup sugar
2/3 cup sour cream
2 tablespoons flour
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup whipping cream
- Crust: Preheat oven to 350°.
- Mix brownie mix with the eggs and vanilla.
- Spread in a 9" springform pan that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray and lined with parchment or waxed paper; bake 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and arrange 15 of the cherry chocolates evenly over the top.
- Filling: While the crust is baking, place the cream cheese, eggs, sugar, sour cream, and flour in the bowl of a food processor and process, scraping the sides once, until smooth. Pour the filling over all and bake for 35-45 minutes or until the top is puffed and set. Remove from the oven.
- Topping: While the torte is baking, place the chocolate chips and whipping cream in a microwaveable container; microwave for 2 minutes and let sit for 3 minutes, then whisk until thick.
- Keep the mixture at room temperature until ready to use.
- Cut the remaining 5 cherry chocolates into quarters; arrange them evenly over the top of the torte.
- Drizzle the topping over the top of the torte decoratively.
- Refrigerate until chilled thoroughly and serve with sweetened whipped cream if desired.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 527 Calories from Fat 284
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 54% Protein 6% Carb. 40%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 32 g
Saturated Fat 14 g
Cholesterol 151 mg
Sodium 312 mg
Total Carbohydrate 53 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 2 g
Protein 8 g
Vitamin A 14% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 0% Iron 6%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2018 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.