No Bake Chocolate Groundhogs Recipe
Since Groundhog Day isn't a paid holiday for most of us, it's nice to be able to make a fun dessert in 30 minutes or less; these little groundhogs can be made in 30 minutes or less. The question is, then, what are you waiting for?
Makes about 48, depending on size
3/4 cup butter
3/4 cup evaporated milk
3 cups brown sugar
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
1 pinch salt
1 tablespoon vanilla
1 12 oz. package chow mein noodles
3/4 cup raisins
3/4 cup mixed nuts
- Line two large baking sheets with parchment or waxed paper; set aside.
- Mix the butter, evaporated milk, brown sugar, cocoa, and salt in a saucepan; cover and bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring once or twice.
- When the mixture boils, remove the lid, stir well, and let boil for 3 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla; add the chow mein noodles, raisins, and nuts; stir until well mixed.
- Let the groundhogs sit at room temperature until set, then transfer them to an airtight container; they can be stored up to one week.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 91 Calories from Fat 39
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 43% Protein 5% Carb. 52%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 4 g
Saturated Fat 2 g
Cholesterol 9 mg
Sodium 102 mg
Total Carbohydrate 12 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 0 g
Protein 1 g
Vitamin A 3% Vitamin C 1% Calcium 0% Iron 3%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2021 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.