Red, White, & Blueberry Watermelon Stars Recipe
These cute stars can be made the night before serving and refrigerated. They are perfect for taking to a potluck gathering, as well as for serving at home. The fact that they are mostly fruit and only 58 calories each will insure that they will disappear quickly.
6 slices watermelon, 1" thick (the amount of slices can vary, of course, depending on the size of the watermelon)
1 8 oz. package cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup sugar
2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- Using a 3" star cookie cutter, cut 24 stars from the watermelon slices.
- Beat the cream cheese, sugar, and lime juice until light and smooth.
- Transfer the mixture to a decorating bag with a star tip (if a decorating bag isn't available, just spoon some of the mixture onto the stars) and squeeze about a tablespoon into the center of each star.
- Top each with three blueberries.
- Cover and refrigerate before serving.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 58 Calories from Fat 31
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 54% Protein 6% Carb. 40%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 3 g
Saturated Fat 2 g
Cholesterol 10 mg
Sodium 29 mg
Total Carbohydrate 6 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 3 g
Protein 1 g
Vitamin A 5% Vitamin C 6% Calcium 0% Iron 1%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2022 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.