Almost Westy's Hot Fudge Pie Recipe
When ordering this decadent dessert, your waitress at Westy's will suggest that you eat dessert first. You'll want to follow her advice, since the serving is almost big enough to serve a family of four; you can always take your main dish home to eat later. Actually, this dessert is easy to duplicate at home. So if you don't happen to be planning a trip to Memphis anytime soon, you'll want to make the following Almost Westy's Hot Fudge Pie right away (home servings will be much smaller than the original, so you'll be able to eat dinner first). Freshly baked is best, of course, but the base can be made a day or two ahead; microwave each serving for a few seconds before topping with ice cream and toppings. It's a great dessert for a pool party or backyard gathering, and guests can top with ice cream and their favorite toppings. The filling can also be poured into an unbaked 9" pie shell and served as an actual pie.
3/4 cup melted butter
1 1/2 cups sugar
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
3/4 cup flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
Vanilla ice cream
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spray a 9 x 13" glass baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Pour the melted butter into a mixing bowl.
- Place a fine strainer over the bowl and place the sugar, flour, unsweetened cocoa, and salt in the strainer; shake the mixture through and mix with the butter.
- Mix in the eggs and vanilla.
- Spread evenly in the prepared baking dish.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until the top is set; remove from the oven and let cool.
- To serve cut into 12 squares; top each with a scoop of ice cream, fudge topping, whipped cream (real, no fake stuff here), nuts, and a cherry.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 292 Calories from Fat 139
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 47% Protein 6% Carb. 48%
Nutrient Amount per
Total Fat 15 g
Saturated Fat 9 g
Cholesterol 89 mg
Sodium 230 mg
Total Carbohydrate 35 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 25 g
Protein 4 g
Vitamin A 12% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 0% Iron 5%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2018 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.